Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Hero

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to preserve and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." - Christopher Reeve. This quote, to me, is claiming that anyone who has the drive and ability to over come any difficult thing that comes their way is able to be a hero. Even if you fail at first, a real hero would pick him/herself up again and keep going for whatever it is they're willing to fight for. I 100 percent agree with this quote, anyone who is able to go to the extreme for what they truly want is a hero. People aren't always striving for things, if they see an obstacle in the way of them they'd just stop and turn around to an easier road. When I went to Mexico, my family and I were destined to go skydiving. When we arrived there, one of the parachutes had a rip. We didn't know that at the moment. While we were up in the plane, about to set off into the world, my instructors parachute was the one with the rip. He told me to stay calm and that everything will be okay. I did what he instructed me to do which was pull my parachute string and he latched off of me and the second instructor somehow got a hold of my instructor. I had an obstacle to face, not as big and frightening as my teacher but I did what I needed to do to be a hero, for myself and the ones in danger.

2 comments:

  1. Your sentences are somewhat written correctly. A few typos that do with punctuation, but other than that, it all makes sense. Your sentences follow the correct structure. Nothing was off topic. You did use first person, but as an example and not throughout the whole paragraph. I couldn't find the thesis statement. Other than that, this is a great paragraph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sentences are well written, I like the way you express yourself and I like your emotion.Your sentences had a few errors with commas and with the word I. The three main points of your paper are family, mexico and skydiving.

    ReplyDelete